COVID-19 Safety Measures+
The health and safety of our employees, partners and customers is of paramount importance, and we will continue to monitor all developments on a daily basis, including any new advice and instructions set out by government agencies and the relevant health authorities.
In line with the World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses, we are introducing new measures at our upcoming events to increase the safety of all our attendees.
What extra steps are we taking?
- Hand sanitisers will now be provided at the registration desk at the events, in addition to hand sanitation already installed in all toilets and washrooms.
- There will be extra signage around the event to promote high hygiene standards.
- We are increasing the frequency with which our sanitary facilities are disinfected.
- We kindly ask you not to attend our events if you have recently travelled to any of the following countries and have returned to the UK less than 14 days ago: Italy, Iran, mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, or Macau, in accordance with the government’s advice for returning travellers.
- We will continue to observe the situation and should government advice change, or any additional precautions be advisable, we will react immediately and ensure this is communicated to all attendees and exhibitors.
What extra steps can our attendees take?
Visitors and speakers:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue. Please discard the tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms and no recent travel history to affected areas, please practice basic respiratory and hand hygiene and, if necessary, stay at home until you have recovered.
- Physical contact has been shown to aid the transmission of Coronavirus. Several of our clients have issued “handshake bans” within their organisations. Please do not be offended if somebody refuses to shake hands with you – they are taking sensible precautions and are likely to be following their own corporate guidelines.
- Check if you need medical help by calling the NHS 111 online Coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Add us to your safe senders’ list+
To ensure that our emails are recognised and land in the correct inbox, you can follow these simple steps to amend your settings:
- Right-click our email in your Inbox email list pane
- On the menu displayed move your mouse over or tap Junk
- Click or tap on ‘Never block sender’ in the menu that rolls out
- The resulting popup will say: ‘The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List.’
- Click ‘OK’
- Open the email from …
- Click the “Wait it’s safe” link
- Mark Sender as “Wait it’s safe!
iPhone Mail App (iOS)
- Open your mail app and scroll down to the Junk Folder
- Find the email you’d like to whitelist and slide your finger left to see options
- Tap the ‘More’ button, and then ‘Mark…’ button
- Select “Mark as Not Junk”
- This will then move the email to your Inbox and any mail from this address will go straight to your inbox and not your Junk
- Navigate to the spam folder
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist
- Select all the emails shown
- Click ‘More’ and then ‘Not spam’
What are the show dates, opening hours and venue?+
Wednesday 10th February 2021: 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday 11th February 2021: 09:00 – 16:30
Excel London | Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, Royal Docks, London E16 1XL
How do I get to the venue? +
ExCeL London is easy to reach by both public transport or by car and has ample parking facilities on and outside its site. For more details, please visit this website: https://www.excel.london/visitor/getting-here
Journey times to ExCeL London
|Charing Cross||27 mins|
|King’s Cross / St Pancras Int||32 mins|
|Liverpool Street||26 mins|
|London Bridge||16 mins|
What is the closest train station to ExCeL London?+
The closest station is Custom House, which is on the Beckton/Gallions Reach branch of the DLR. When you alight please follow the HETT branded signs.
Please note that if you require step-free access, you will need to alight at Prince Regent Station, which is also on the Beckton/Gallions Reach branch of the DLR.
How much does it cost to visit the event?+
This event is free-to-attend for those working in the public sector or at an independent healthcare provider.
Private Sector Visitors will be charged a fee of £499.00 + VAT per pass. A discounted rate of £399 + VAT per pass is available for bookings of 5 or more, but only if purchased at the same time.
Will I be able to print off my visitor badge at the venue? +
We have terminals for you to print off your badge at the registration counter. You will need to enter in your details and our system will be able to recognize these details if you pre-registered with us.
Are all the sessions in the theatres free to attend?+
Yes, all the theatre sessions are free to attend, though limited places are available. We do advise that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the session is due to begin to help ensure that you get a seat in the theatre.
Can I bring my child with me to HETT? +
No-one is allowed in the exhibition halls under the age of 18.
Will there be Wi-Fi available inside the exhibition halls? +
Free Wi-Fi is available inside the exhibition hall. When you arrive at the venue, simply sign in to ‘_ExCeL free Wi-Fi’ using the standard log in process.
We’ve partnered up with specialist accommodation agency Event Express to provide discounted hotel accommodation and flexible cancellation policies exclusively for HETT attendees and exhibitors. If you’re unsure of your requirements at this stage, the flexible cancellation terms will allow you to make amendments and cancellations at no charge until closer to the event date. However, we do advise that you book now and amend later in order to guarantee your preferred hotel.
The Event Express service is completely free to use with no hidden charges and no booking or transaction fees, and the friendly reservations team will liaise with the hotels directly on your behalf. For more information, please contact Event Express directly via the email or telephone number listed below, or alternatively click here to book your accommodation online.
Tel: 01905 732737
Is there a cloakroom at the show?+
There is a cloakroom available on level zero which is down the stairs located between entrances N4 and S4. There will be a charge of £1 per item for coats and luggage.
Speakers will be able to leave their coats and luggage in the Speaker’s Loungs at their own risk.
How do I navigate my way around the exhibition? +
We have a floorplan available in the HETT official show guide to help you navigate your way around the exhibition. You can pick up a show guide at the registration desks as you enter the exhibition. There will also be ‘You are Here’ boards distributed around the halls, or a member of staff will be happy to help you.
Should you wish to plan some assistance ahead of your visit, please contact us via email at email@example.com indicating the level of assistance you require and we will do our upmost to offer our support during your visit.